January 22, 2010

Day 22



Day 22. I decided to try more with the back lighting. I didn't want to shoot at the ceiling again so tried something another idea. I originally was only trying to create a silhouette with the back ground blown out. I couldn't quite get it. I may just not have enough power from the speed-light to do it. Have to experiment more. So I scraped that and sorta went back to the Day19 look. However this time, instead of the light on a stand blasting the wall and ceiling I took the white sheet that I have been using and tacked it up to the ceiling so it would hang down. I first tried the light behind the sheet on a shelf but that didn't work well. So, what did work pretty well was taking the light off the stand, using the little foot that comes with the speed light and placing it on the chair directly behind me. This is why I love wireless triggers and speed-lights. I couldn't get as much dispersion as I would like so I tried using the fold out grid dispersion that comes built in with it and viola! it worked pretty well. This is pretty heavily edited in LR3beta so check out the before shot. I used PhotoShop Elements ONLY to add the text and scale down the image. LR was used for everything else. This is viewed best large on black. Enjoy!

Details: Canon 20-135mm "kit" lens @ 56mm f/10 and 1/250sec on tripod. ISO:100
Strobist info: 580exII at 1/1 (full) power bare directly behind me. Silver reflector on stand camera right. Triggered via RadioPopper JRx studios.


Before post process (PP) in LightRoom3beta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AndrewDavidPhotography. Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Themes by Brian Gardner Free Blogger Templates presents HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords