January 5, 2010

365 Day 4&5


I have already learned one thing. When I force make myself shoot pictures it sucks. Rather, I suck at it. Almost as soon as I started this I felt a sucking and realized it was what little creativity I have being removed from my head. I grumped, cursed, complained and generally sulked at not finding anything inspiring. Add to that I want to spend time with my wife and baby girl along with all the snow along with it being dark by the time I get home and I was just miserable.
A friend let me borrow some light gear while I wait for my RadioPopper triggers, stand, umbrellas and other stuff to go with the 580exII the wife got me for Christmas. So, I set that all up and for the last two days and attempted to act like I knew what I was doing. I don't. Not yet anyway. This is a basic kit that comes with two lights, a big power brick and a couple shoot through umbrellas.

The power only allows for 600, 300 and 150 so not a lot of power controll. I shot and shot and shot trying dolls, fake flowers and anything that I thought might be interesting. They all stunk. Bad. You know its bad when you start shooting the strobes hoping to make something cool that way. Nothing. Today I tried again and in the end stopped trying to make something look interesting and shot what I saw around that I felt was already interesting. Oddly enough, it was the power brick for the strobes... and I used the light in the room, not the strobes to light it. Ironic.

Anyway, that makes it a Twofer Tuesday. Days 4 & 5.

Lens and settings info: Canon 135mm 2.8 prime. Shutter: 50 seconds, Aperture: 2.8. Processed in LightRoom3 Beta.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a test

Post a Comment

 

AndrewDavidPhotography. Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Themes by Brian Gardner Free Blogger Templates presents HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords