February 5, 2010

Day 36


So... I can tell you that almost no planning went into either of these other than I had a pose in mind based on the location. The rest was just wondering how it would look using the flash. Another plus here for using a speed light off camera with wireless triggers.
I just wondered what this would look like with flash while snowing. I honestly forgot that the flash would light up every single snow flake like some kind of little nuclear reactor. All in all I dont think its horrible but its not exactly what I saw in my head. Anyway... I should have taken a setup shot just because it was funny. The camera is on a tripod sitting in my house so as not to get covered in snow. It's pointed out the front door with the door wide open so my house is heating the neighbor hood. The flash is on a stand to the right of the picture (covered in a stuff-mart bag) shooting into my 45" silver umbrella. Im sure the neighbors think I'm nuts since I was running back and forth from my open front door to the tree and then POP! the flash would go off.

Details: 20-135mm lens @ 38mm, ISO:100, f/4.0 @ 125sec shutter speed
Strobist: 580exII @ full power camera right shooting into a 45" silver umbrella about head hight and 8 feet away.



I didn't intend this one to be black and white but as I got to working with it, that was the best choice just based on othe over all mood. I did this at the base of my stairs with the flash out side shooting through the front door. Again... I just wanted to see how that would look. I had hoped maybe I could create a "light through the window" look but thats not what happened.... at least I don't think.
Both of these are "just shoot something" shots. I get sick if sitting and even more sick of hearing myself complain that I don't know what to do or what to shoot so I did both of these in about 45 minutes. Of course I took several shots, these were just the ones I decided were OK enough to show.

Here is the setup shot for the image above. Nothing changed and I didn't shut off the other lights. Keeping the shutter speed up to 1/250 pretty much means I am only going to get the light from the flash. The camera was just to the left of this shot on a tripod.

Details: 20-135mm lens @ 28mm, ISO:100, f/4.5 @ 1/250sec shutter speed.
Strobist: 580exII camera left @ 1/4 power shot into a 45" silver umbrella shooting through my front door about 4 feet from me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AndrewDavidPhotography. Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Themes by Brian Gardner Free Blogger Templates presents HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords